Benefits of Regular Dental Visits at Serenity Dental in Olathe, KS
Are you ever tempted to skip your next dentist visit? Maybe you take great care of your teeth at home, and you think that is good enough. Maybe you are especially busy and don’t want to take the time to see the dentist. Whatever the case, the staff at Serenity Dental in Olathe, Kansas, wants to encourage you to keep your regular dentist appointments. They are important! Your continued oral health depends on routine checkups.
Why is Visiting the Dentist Important?
The dentist can spot dental problems early if you come in for routine checkups. Early detection is best because a small problem is much easier and less costly to fix than a large problem. Even if you don’t have any cavities or signs of gum disease, it’s still important to get your teeth professionally cleaned. Our hygienists can remove built-up tartar and plaque that your toothbrush cannot reach.
Routine professional dental care is your best defense against dental problems, and it is a vital part of keeping your smile looking its best all year long.
How Often Should You Visit the Dentist?
Most people should go to the dentist for a routine checkup once every six months unless advised otherwise by your dentist. People with a history of gum disease or frequent dental problems may be asked to come in more often.
Benefits of Regular Dental Visits
Going to the dentist has many benefits for your teeth, your overall health, and even your pocketbook.
- Prevent cavities. At Serenity Dental, we care about your continued oral health, and we will help you keep your teeth in great condition through preventative services such as dental cleanings and exams.
- Check for gum disease. Your gums are just as important as your teeth! Let us help you keep them in good health.
- Screen for oral cancer. An oral cancer screening is an easy way to ensure your mouth is cancer free. If we find suspicious areas inside your mouth, we will inform you and refer you to a medical doctor for professional diagnosis and treatment.
- Prevent bad breath. Bad breath comes from bacteria growing inside your mouth. A professional dental cleaning is one way to get your whole mouth fresh and clean for better-smelling breath.
- Remove tartar and plaque buildup. No matter how thorough your home dental care routine is, you will still have areas of tartar and plaque buildup that you might not be able to see or reach with your toothbrush. A dental hygienist can remove that buildup, preventing it from causing further problems.
- Prevent future damage from occurring. It’s always better to prevent dental problems before they start. Cavities and other problems do not heal themselves. They only get bigger. If you go to the dentist regularly, you will benefit from early detection, saving you future pain, major restorations, and a lot of money.
- Check fillings. Old fillings need checkups, too, to ensure they are still doing their job. If a dental filling appears to be worn out, cracked, or otherwise ineffective, we can replace it with a new filling that will keep your teeth healthier.
What Does a Typical Dentist Appointment at Serenity Dental Look Like?
A dental checkup begins with a friendly greeting when you enter the door. When you are in the dentist’s chair, we will ensure you are comfortable and offer amenities, such as a stress ball, weighted blanket, or a bottle of water. If you are due for x-rays, we will use our digital x-ray technology to get a better picture of what’s going on inside your mouth. Then, you will experience a professional dental cleaning, which involves a thorough yet gentle cleaning of your teeth.
The dentist will see you for the examination part of your appointment. Dr. Silva will look at your x-ray images as well as look inside your mouth. Any problems will be noted, and explained to you, and then he will provide you with a personalized treatment plan. At the end of the visit, we will schedule your next dentist appointment so that you can maintain your dental health!
Is It Time for Your Next Dental Appointment?
Whether you faithfully keep all your routine dentist appointments or you haven’t stepped inside a dental office in years, we welcome you to schedule a visit at Serenity Dental in Olathe, Kansas. You will be treated with the respect and kindness you deserve, and we will do everything we can to ensure your next dental checkup is a calm and soothing experience. Contact us today!