Experience a Refreshing Take on Dentistry
Customized Dental Care for Bright, Beautiful Smiles
Dental Crowns are Available in Olathe, KS
If you have a tooth that is cracked, broken, or weak, you know how inconvenient living with a damaged smile can be. Along with making it difficult to eat, damaged teeth can often be painful and harm your self-esteem. Fortunately, restoring your smile’s health, function, and beauty is possible with restorative dental treatments, such as a dental crown. If you’ve never had a crown before, here’s what you should know before scheduling your consultation at Serenity Dental in Olathe, Kansas.
Overview of Dental Crowns
A dental crown is a cap that goes over one’s natural tooth. Depending on its location and function in your mouth, a crown can be made from several materials, such as metal, porcelain, or a combination of the two. Crowns can be used to treat a variety of common oral health concerns, including strengthening weak teeth, protecting damaged teeth, improving the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth, or replacing missing teeth with a dental implant or bridge.
What Are the Main Types of Crowns?
If your dentist determines that you’re a good candidate for a dental crown, they may give you the option to choose what type of material you’d prefer to use for your crown based on your aesthetic desires, functional needs, and budget. The main types of crowns include:
- Porcelain: This is a great option for visible front teeth. While it looks natural, it isn’t as strong as other materials.
- Gold: This would be a good option for back teeth because of its strength.
- Zirconia: This new crown material combines the aesthetics of porcelain and the strength of the metal.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal: This offers a natural look and more strength than porcelain alone and may be more cost-effective than porcelain alone.
- Lithium Disilicate: This new crown material offers superior strength and a natural aesthetic but may be more expensive than other options.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Your dental crown’s lifespan will depend on how well you care for it. You can expect your dental crown to last between 10-20 years by practicing excellent oral hygiene habits at home. To keep your crown in great shape for years to come, be sure to:
- Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day
- Floss daily
- Avoid biting down on hard foods that could damage your crown
- Visit the dentist twice a year for routine dental exams and cleanings
What Types of Dental Crowns Are Available at Serenity Dental?
When your smile is causing discomfort or making it difficult to perform normal daily tasks, the trusted team at Serenity Dental understands that receiving the restorative dental care you need can’t happen quickly enough. We’re proud to provide our patients with same-day dental crowns. Rather than waiting 2-3 weeks for your custom crown to be created and placed, you can achieve the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve in as little as one convenient appointment in our office.
Schedule Your Dental Crown Appointment at Serenity Dental
If you’re tired of living with a tooth that is painful, damaged, or embarrassing, the friendly team at Serenity Dental is here to help. You can improve your smile’s strength, function, and appearance with a natural-looking dental crown in just one appointment. We pride ourselves on providing the best care to each patient, using state-of-the-art equipment and materials, and serving you in a relaxing setting. Schedule an appointment today to learn more about our restorative dental treatments, including dental crowns, and schedule your next appointment with Dr. Silva. Let us give you a reason to smile!